What is Connect Reading?
Connect Reading is a partnership between the private, public, voluntary and community sectors that work together to address areas of need within Greater Reading.
We are a registered charity and membership organisation. We create, facilitate and broker business engagement and support to benefit the local community. We make it easy for businesses to engage in corporate social responsibility and community investment projects to ensure local support for local need.
The Partnership works closely with the local voluntary and community sector to identify projects requiring support that appeal to members and meet the Partnership's support criteria.
Connect Reading offers the following benefits to business members:
• Brokerage service between the greater Reading community and businesses who wish to invest in their community matching the skills, expertise and resource from business to the needs of the community sector.
• Advice and information about how to make a difference in the local community dependent upon your organisations size and industry
• Four events per year to network with like-minded organisations and make cross-sector connections
• Regular online updates and newsletters with a local focus
• Opportunities for staff development and training through introducing your employees to new challenges
• Effective engagement in issues that affect your business such as crime, skills and labour shortages and tackling social exclusion
• A platform to enable businesses to understand, debate and influence the decision-making process concerning key business issues and providing a link into the Reading LSP (Local Strategic Partnership)
• An opportunity to share best practice and learn from other businesses involved in community activity
• The opportunity to promote your companies values through actions in the local community including your customers, employees and suppliers.
Watch our video about why Connect Reading was set up and how you can make a difference
links to YouTube